Easily integrate Sleep Apnea
management into your
tailored to your
No added staff or
Leading Cardiologists Already Integrate
Our Sleep Solutions in their Practice
Elad Anter, MD
"Sleep Apnea is an independent predictor of AF with a HR of 2.18. Diagnosis and Treatment of Sleep Apnea in our patients not only improves the outcome of AF ablation, but it has important implications for their overall wellbeing. It reduces the risk for stroke, reduces blood pressure, and improve their vitality. At our institution, diagnosis and treatment of Sleep Apnea is integrated into the AF practice, and WatchPAT is like a home Holter monitor."
David Vorchheimer, MD
New York, NY
"As cardiologists we don’t know how to manage Sleep Apnea, but if we can treat it, we are more effective. We wanted a process whereby a patient could be seamlessly identified at risk for Sleep Apnea, quickly tested and then treated… We are very fortunate to partner with the home sleep testing company Itamar Medical's WatchPAT home sleep apnea test as the linchpin for this process".
Prof. David Vorchheimer, Director of Clinical Cardiology at NYC Academic Medical Centre shares his experience with implementing Itamar Medical's Cardio Sleep solutions for home sleep apnea monitoring.
Larry Chinitz, MD
New York, NY
"It is unequivocally clear that we are not effectively treating our patients with AF unless we screen them for Sleep Apnea. Itamar has helped us with our smooth integration in our laboratory, the patients are sent home with a monitoring device, it takes zero effort from the clinician."
Sleep Apnea is Common, Underdiagnosed and Multiplies CVD Risk8
or more of all cardiology patients suffer from Sleep Apnea and don't even know it6
remain undiagnosed and untreated7
- Lowers incidence of cardiovascular mortality1
- Substantially reduces Hypertension (inc drug-resistant)2
- Reduces Afib recurrence3
- Reduces cardiovascular readmissions4
- Improves left ventricular ejection fraction percent in HF patients5
More than 50% of cardiovascular patients remain undiagnosed or treated for sleep apnea. A simple questionnaire can help you identify patients who may be at risk for sleep apnea, making them eligible for a diagnostic sleep test.
To be eligible for insurance coverage for sleep apnea therapy, your patients need a validated diagnosis. Diagnosis is obtained with an easy to use sleep study, performed at the patient’s home.
Adequately treated sleep apnea has been associated with improved cardiovascular outcomes and lower rates of hospital readmission.
The success of sleep apnea therapy depends on patients’ compliance. Compliance to therapy should be optimized to improve cardiovascular outcomes. Your patients will benefit from your staying informed and updated on their progress.
Get started today
Complete the form below and a member of our team will reach out to you
- Young et al. SDB and Mortality: The Wisconsin Sleep Cohort 2008
- Bratton et al. Effect of CPAP on blood pressure meta-analysis; Thorax 2014; 69:1128–35.
Bakker et al. J Clin Sleep Med 2014;10:365–9
- Meta-analysis Shulka, Chinitz et al. JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology, 2015. Li et al. , Europace April 2014
- Upenn Schwab,et el Journal of Clinical Sleep medicine, Oct 2014
- Kaneko Y, Floras JS, Usui K, et al. Cardiovascular effects of continuous positive airway pressure in patients with heart failure and obstructive Sleep Apnea. N Engl J Med 2003;348:1233–41
- Seet & Chung, Anestsiology Clin 2010
- Young et al. NEJM 1993:328; 12301235
- Redline et al, The Sleep Heart Health Study. Am J Res and Crit Care Med 2010; Gami et al, J Am Coll Cardiol 2013: Young et al, J Sleep 2008; Li et al, Europace 2014